Monday, April 14, 2008

Circle-Jerky..........






Hi everybody...G-Man here! As promised, here is an easy step by step method of making your own Beek Jerky in the comfort of your own kitchen..
.
1..Get any packet of beef-jerky mix, one packet usually makes enough for 5#'s of meat!
the meat that I used was boneless chuck roast!..Round Steak works better because there is less fat, but it was wayyyy to expensive. (venison works best, but alas, I had none)
.
2..Trim off all visible fat, and cut into thin strips or pieces.
In a mixing bowl OR a zip-lock bag, put the meat and mix together. Now you can now add any other seasoning that you like. I used a Cajun Hot salty mix called Slap Yo Mama!! I also used some Terriyaki Sauce and garlic powder.. Mix well, and let marinate for 8-12 hours.
.
3..Turn your oven on...Then turn down to warm...On a rack that has some sort of drip catch underneath, put it the oven at night, and by morning you have Jerky!!.
.
4.. Folks, this is NOT hard. And at $14.99 a pound for store bought jerky that has been sitting on a shelf for weeks and/or months, this is healthy, affordable, and delicious, and fun!!!...Enjoy.
.
Peace..!!

9 comments:

lime said...

FIRST!!!

and oh i love me some jerky. thanks so much for the recipe. Maybe now I can give this a try with some venison...mmmmmmm

tsduff said...

What a great idea! Looks mouthwatering - I'm utterly starving, having fasted yesterday for a little procedure I must undergo a bit later today - after that, bring on the jerky!

Cha Cha said...

Oh, my God!

I love Circle Jerks!

Ed & Jeanne said...

How do I get the road gravel out of the meat though?

G-Man said...

hahahaha....
You guys crack me up!!!

jillie said...

MMMMMM...I love jerky!

I may have to try this. What temperature? Just warm???

I may have to get me some of that.

XO

Mona said...

You mean you have to cook the meat whole night?

Galen I will tell you a way to get that done within matters of minutes!

when you marinade, add a small piece of raw papaya ( ground) to the meat & hey presto you have it tenderized!

It will be done within minutes!

Serena said...

If it's really as easy as it sounds, I just might try it. You are a true gourmet, G.:)

buffalodick said...

Still got about half the bag I made last week! How to make friends fast... Bring a bag of jerky along with you!