Monday, October 1, 2007

Musical Monday....

Hi everybody...OK...One more day of this morose, and I'll be done with it.......

You know that bald guy that leads the band on the David Letterman Show?...Paul Schaffer?
He calls his band..."The World's Most Dangerous Band"...Hahaha..NOT even close!!!

THE BYRDS...5 Dead
Gram Parsons...OD 1973
Clarence White..Killed by a drunk 1973
Gene Clark ....Heart Attack 91
Michael Clark..Bad Liver 93
John Guerin..Bad Heart 04

THE TEMPTATIONS...4 Dead
Paul Williams...Suicide 73
David Ruffin..OD 92
Eddie Kendricks..Lung Cancer 92
Melvin Franklin..Brain Seizure 95

THE GRATEFUL DEAD..4 Dead
Jerry Garcia...Heart attack 95
Pigpen McKernan..Bad Liver 73
Keith Godchaux... Car Wreck 80
Brent Mydland..OD 90

THE NY DOLLS...4 Dead
Bill Murcia...OD 72
Johnny Thunders...ODS 91
Jerry Nolan...Stroke 92
Arthur Kane...Leukemia 04

T-REX...4 Dead
Marc Bolin...Car Crash 77
Steve Curry...Car Crash 81
Steve Peregrine Took...Cocktail Cherry 90
Mickey Finn...Natural Causes 03

LYNYRD SKYNYRD...4 Dead
Ronnie Van Zant
Steve Gaines.....Air Crash 77
Allen Collins...Respiratory Failure 90
Leon Wilkeson...Bad Liver 01

THE PLATTERS...4 Dead
David Lynch...Cancer 81
Nate Nelson...Heart Disease 84
Paul Robi...Cancer 89
Tony Williams...Emphysema 92

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS...3 Dead
Duane Allman...Motorcycle Wreck 71
Berry Oakley..Motorcycle Wreck 72
Lamar Williams...Cancer 83

THE BEATLES...3 Dead
Stuart Sutcliff...Brain Hemmorage 62..(Oooooh I smell a post here)
John Lennon...Murdered 80
George Harrison...Cancer 01

THE RAMONES...3 Dead
Joey Ramone..Cancer 01
Dee Dee Ramone...OD 02
Johnny Ramone...Cancer 04

There you have it....Musical Monday!!!
Thanks everybody for all your kind words and well wishes..
When family members and non-Believers ask you.. "why do you blog?"
This is why........I love you all, thanks..xoxox

19 comments:

Serena said...

Oh, man, it's kind of sad to look at that list -- so many greats, gone. Maybe wherever they are, they've got a new band going, one that truly is ... grateful dead.:)

I AM glad this is it for the morose, babe. Been there, done that, ain't no fun.:-)

jillie said...

WOW...that's a lot of musical history. I am sure, in my opinion, the ones with liver disease? I think that was brought on by years of abuse.

I still listen to most of them to this day.

Happy Monday to ya g-man!

xoxo

Little Wing said...

You Rock, G-daddy!

Crabby said...

Screw me! I was gonna get myself into a band but I'm not doin' it now. It's too friggin dangerous.

(sigh) I'll just keep blogging.

Charles said...

You probably don't consider them rock, but how about the Gibb family? Let's not forget the likes of Benny Goodman, and all of those Jazz bands, either. There bound to be some big numbers for the "Big Bands."

Kelly said...

LOL that is really funny. Interesting information as usual.

Manny said...

Hi sexy g.

xoxoxox

barman said...

I know it is only one band member dead but it was a spectacular death...

Chicago...1 Dead!
Terry Alan Kath - Gunshot wound playing Russian Roulette

Sorry, I like Chicago and find it hard to get them off the mind. It is a disease I tell you.

Great post as always G. You think U of M needs a professor of Trivia?

G-Man said...

Serena Joy...
You cheer me up..

Melissa....
You cheer me up..

Jildo...
You cheer me up..

Jadey..
You cheer me up..

Pam....
You REALLLY cheer me up!

Charles...
I do consider The Gibb Family Rock!
You made a great point..Thanks

Myutopia...
Thanks sweetie, you take care of yourself, and the teeny-tiny one..

Manny...
Hi ManEater...
Long time no see...I'm very excited you know..
xoxox

Barman..
I loved Chicago, seen them at least 6 times!!

GAB said...

Humm and Im sure there is more. Look at Reba's Band she lost the whole crew. Airplane crash.

lime said...

dang, that is depressing. look at al lthe ODs and bad livers, gees.

Cha Cha said...

Though a post about the fifth Beatle will no doubt enlighten many...

I, myself, am requesting a post with regards to Death by 'Cocktail Cherry.'

Remember kiddies...drugs and cherries DON'T mix.

I LOVE T. REX!

So much that today was the first day in three in a row that I have NOT worn my T. Rex Ride a White Swan baseball jersey.

I know.

I'm such a scum.

The Billy Elliot soundtrack has TONS of T. Rex on it. It's great.

G-man there ain't nothin' that'll make a down man feel better than postin' about death.

I feel you.

Loved this.

Hope you are workin' things through like a good man will.

Gabba-gabba-hey.

Cha Cha said...

Oooo...

I was number 13.

How cool is that?

Cazzie!!! said...

How depressing, LOL.

ann said...

I'm off work today, feeling
proper poorly, so thought I'd
play catch up... sorry to read
you've had the blues and glad
to read you're in the pink again...
it does kinda grab ya out of the
blue

wow... reading this kinda makes
me feel ooooooooooold!!!!!

looking forward to the chippy
chirpy galen I know and love

G-Man said...

Gale..?
Reba McIntyre?
Thats awful!!
xox

Strumpet...
Even a scummy Strumpet, would be a tasty Strumpet!
Yeah, Death posts perks a person right up!!
Glad you noticed..xoxox

Limey..
There does seem to be a pattern here eh?
Thanks Michelle..xox

Cazzie..
Thanks My little Aussi Babe..xoxox

Ann...
Hi sweetie!!!!
I'm starting to feel better already!!
Thankd for the visit and kind words..xoxox

dickiebo said...

AAAAhhhh! The Platters. I loved 'em. In the mid-50s, when I was in Hong Kong, I would sit in the 'seemy' waterfront bars, listening to them on the juke-box. I would listen so attentively, that I knew exactly when Tony Williams was going to breathe, or swallow. He was simply F - A - B.

dickiebo said...

Sorry G(reat)-Man, didn't know you have been a bit down. Cheer up ol' pal, we need you at your best. You are our Rock.

tsduff said...

I'd like to know how one dies from a cocktail cherry?