Monday, May 9, 2011

TV Tuesday.....











Here is a prime example of the power of television!
These simple hard working folks have been doing what
their bayou ancestors have been doing for 300 years,
living off the land, and hunting gators.
The top pic is of Bruce (with the doo-rag) and his family.
The second pic is Terrel...This crazy bastard catches live
gators at night with his bare hands, tags them for the State,
then releases them.
RJ is a Native American that hunts gators and is a 2-Time
World Champion Arm Wrestler.
Troy Landry and his son Jacob are The best hunters on the bayou
and the lady in the next pic is Liz. Liz is the Landry's
'Shooter', and she is a crack shot indeed!
The two bearded gentlemen are Glenn and Mitch Guist. They exist
by hunting for their food...Squirrel, deer, rabbit, fish, Gator,
Turtles..They ain't particular bout their vittles!!
The fellow in the last shot is their cousin Bubba.
Bubba spends way too much time out-side!!
This show has become a cable phenominon, and overnight has become
household names and fodder for Water-Cooler chit chat...
I am absolutely Hooked on this History Channel series, and I hope
Fame doesn't spoil them like it has The Teutuls from Discovery's
American Chopper, and the Harrisons and 'Chumley' from History's
Pawn Stars...
You can buy T-Shirts On-Line from this series.
Please check it out, it will amaze you!

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

this looks pretty cool...does not surprise me with all that is on tv these days...seems you can find jsut about anything...used to have a guy come fish the gators out of our pond when we lived in FL...

Margaret said...

Well, I feel better that this is a tv show. You seemed to be on a first name basis and I thought maybe they were your neighbors. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but that last fellow would cause me a few sleepless nights (and the guys in the first photo with the overalls...that outfit is just wrong on so many levels! Is this really a show? I've gotta check it out...

hedgewitch said...

You sure you're not my husband's clone? He is glued to this show, and all the others you listed, as well as the Fishing Boat one and the Ice Trucker thingy. (You ask me, those boys've been getting genetically involved with the gators, from their looks.)

Me said...

Hmmm...so *this* is what I'm missing, since I gave up TV. Shame. :)

Christine said...

I'm speechless. I'd like to see if they could last a night in the marshes of northern Manitoba, no gators, but 3 foot blood sucking mosquitoes that would make any grown man cry.

SY said...

Makes me want step and see what things I've imitated from television

Serena said...

Looks kinda-sorta like some former in-laws. Whoa!

lime said...

i saw this for the first time when mr lime watched it. crazy stuff.

Akum said...

sounds interesting!

MorningAJ said...

Not sure who should be huntin' what with that selection! :)
Enjoy!

Justjanesinsaneblog@blogspot.com said...

YES! I get a kick out of that show, too. Those gator people are some hearty stock, indeed. I had trouble, at first, understanding them. Their accent was unfamiliar to me. Fun!

Maude Lynn said...

I've heard that this is pretty good!

Monkey Man said...

....and I thought you were the guy in the do rag.