Sunday, September 5, 2010

Coffee Talk.....





























.
.
Hi Everybody...
Welcome to Coffee Talk.
As you can see by the Tim Horton's induced grin, I must have something to SMILE about!
And I certainly DO!
For the past two inglorious seasons, Michigan Stadium aka. The Big House, has been undergoing some expansion. They added some 'Sky Boxes' and more Handicapped seating. During this renovation, U of M had to relinquish their crown of having the largest seating capacity to Penn State. For 30 years we got to hear at half-time from the PA announcer..."And once again Ladies and Gentlemen, we wish to thank you for being part of THE largest crowd in America watching a football game today. Today's attendance is....." and then he would read it off.
So on Saturday September 4th, The New Improved Even BIGGER Big House, was re-dedicated! As you can see from my photo gallery, it was a beautiful Fall Day. You can see me holding up my FREE complimentary 24 oz Absopure Spring Water, (In a comemerative bottle). The pic of me seated was 2 hours before kick-off, with only a few thousand 'Early Birds in the stands. But the pic of Michigan's Marching Band playing "Hail To The Victor's", had the attendance at about 113, 090!!! Once again making me part of the Largest crowd in America watching a football game that day. But this one was special... It was THE Largest Crowd EVER to watch a Game!! And this was just a game against Connecticut...Just wait till MSU, Nebraska, or the Buckeyes come to town!
So I'll probaly return to Monkey Man';s Sunday 160 next week...
But for now I'm still basking in Michigan's 30-10 victory over the Huskies.
Thanks for indulging me a little today....
Peace...!!!



21 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Great win over UConn, G. Football takes priority this time of year. Me and the Mrs. thought about you when highlights were shown on ESPN yesterday.

Brian Miller said...

great win...my team suffered...i guess when you have to bench 13 players it sure does not help...but it was great to see games on tv yesterday!

Cazzie!!! said...

What can I say, you are just Uber hot Mr Knowitall :)

Maude Lynn said...

Looks like a beautiful place for a game G-Man!

One Prayer Girl said...

It was lots of fun to indulge you today. Great pictures. Oh how I envy you the cool fall weather you are enjoying. I am dying down here. :(

:)
PG

joanna said...

G-Man

Who are the Huskies?

Happy your home team won, now you can take your wife out to dinner.

I wish i knew some football jargon,

so will just say...
Cheers,
Joanny

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the moment.

All the best, Boonie

snowelf said...

Somebody looks happy and comfortable! :)

--snow

Nessa said...

Yaye! Go team!

Pretty colors. ;)

hope said...

I was tagged to answer 8 simple questions, which are on my blog. Then I was suppose to pick 8 people. I did…but only with the understanding that you only need to play if you WANT to or have the time. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats pn the win and the bigger stadium. That rocks. I so wish we could even get our little 50,000 Seat stadium half full. But with a loss this week I can just hope for better things to come. Again congrats. :)

moondustwriter said...

Go Blue. Hope U of M has a great season. Off to a great start.

Happy Sunday G

joanna said...

Thanks G-Man -- for the nice comment -- you were the inspiration with your FFF 55 and the disappearing act, it got my little brain thinking where would I want my partner to send me while he watches the game?

Have a magical week end while you celebrate your teams victory.

Joanny

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

how relaxing and cute to see the team you defend wins...

enjoy your coffee,
smile while dreaming your sweets dreams.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

please feel free to take the awards in the post , share each award with 1 to 10 friends,

Awards 4 u

Happy Sunday!
Happy September

Anonymous said...

BTW I had to come back and say that M is the bomb!!! How cool :)

Bubba said...

I was on my way to Cabela's and got stuck in some of the back-up along M-14. Glad they won!

lime said...

glad you had such a great day, the weather, the crowd, the win. :)

secret agent woman said...

Is it okay if I admit here that I am secretly glad my boys are not sports fans?

secret agent woman said...

Is it okay if I admit here that I am secretly glad my boys are not sports fans?

MorningAJ said...

Mister AJ has just got out his Wolverines T shirt to travel in tomorrow (we're supposed to be packing to go home from the hols - but I'm too busy blogging!) I'll see if I can get a photo of him wearing it.