Sunday, March 7, 2010

Here Comes The Sun.....








Hi Everybody...

I was tired of beef.
I was tired of pork.
I was tired of chicken.
I was tired of Curry.
I went to a local food chain by the name of VG's.
They have Top Notch fresh seafood.
There I picked up some beautiful wild caught Salmon filets.
I also bought a butternut squash.
And I had a hankerin for some REAL Pesto!

The top pic are the ingredients for the pesto. But I still had a problem with paying 4.99 for ONE measly ounce of pine nuts. So I bought slivered almonds.
I also bought some imported fusilli pasta for the Pesto.
I peeled the Butternut and cut them into steak fry size. I then marinated them in olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, garam masala, and Himalayan Sea Salt!
The Salmon I slathered 100% Maple Syrup all over it, and then sprinkled the last of my Apple Smoked sea Salt, and my genuine Hungarian Papryka on it.
I had a bunch of fresh asparagus left, so before I popped the Salmon in the oven, I laid them all over salmon.
35 minutes at 375...The fish was Perfect!
55 minutes at 375 for the squash...Perfect
The Pesto Fusilli....Perfect!
A Sunny Sunday 48 degree's....Almost Perfect!
Have a Kick Ass Week Kiddies....;
Peace...!!!

25 comments:

jinksy said...

Wish you'd asked me to dine! LOL

Susan said...

When am I getting invited to dinner? That looks delicious!

Sherry said...

I wish my husband liked those type of meals...he's more meat and potatoes...gets a little boring!

Brian Miller said...

dang...i want an invite as well...

Serena said...

Wow! Wish I had a husband who could cook like that. Of course, if I did I'd probably weigh a ton.:)

The Crazy World of Shelle said...

You can come to my house any time and cook for me :)

Prayer Girl said...

I never tire of seeing, hearing about, and vicariously experiencing your culinary masterpieces.....even when I'm not a salmon lover.

Glad you had such a beautiful weekend.

PG

javajazz said...

oooh, baby,
garam masala
and 100% maple syrup...
wow...
funny, i bought
salmon tonight too
and baked it
all simple-like
accompanied with
basmati rice
and broccoli...
i feel healthy.
and you're a gourmet...!

Mona said...

I one paid $ 6 for a measly ounce of pine nuts at Trader Joe's . But then Trader Joe's is a thief, giving four medium sized tomatoes for $3

Even Farmer's Market selling Organic goods that were expensive was comparitively cheaper.

Shadow said...

i'm sure you do this on purpose to torture us souls in the office on a monday morning.....

Vodka Logic said...

I wish I liked salmon cuz the rest looked delish

Gillian said...

Yummy

Please email if you're interested in being feature on my Monday Male feature on my Wee Blog.

Gill (gillian@homemakers-sa.co.za)

Susan said...

G-Man ...look out your window and tell me if you see pigs flying. I didn't post this morning. *gasp* LOL

Akelamalu said...

Sounds perfect! :)

secret agent woman said...

You can't go wrong with the salmon and asparagus combo.

Shrinky said...

Oooooooh, everyone should have such a hubby! (Thanks for making my tummy growl, I'm hungry now..)

Ms Hen said...

Yummy. I have maple syrup.. I did not know you could put it on salmon. Yummy.

hugs.

didi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greg S. said...

Wow! What's on for tomorrow night?

buffalodick said...

Wow! What a spread! Seafood around here has been few choices, and expensive.. I want some too!

Mama Zen said...

That sounds delicious, G-Man!

Lulda Casadaga said...

we had salmon last nite also...but with a sweet potato.
Ok G, are you turning into Buffalodick or what?? :D

Jessie said...

you sure sound like one fine chef ...Chef G-Man!!!


smiles!

lime said...

if you had told me ahead of time this was the menu i would have been there. man, that sounds AWESOME!

廖佳怡 said...

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 壯陽 早洩 陽萎