Monday, October 24, 2011

TMI Tuesday.....,








A Mr. This Little Piggy from Ames Iowa asks (Trembling)....

"Dear Mr. Knowitall, is it true? Is IT returning?"

'Dear Mr. This Little Piggy...Oui, Oui, Oui!!!

First introduced in 1982, This Heaven on a Bun, comes and goes
periodically. Because it is not always readily available, it
has developed sort of a cult following when it returns.
Mechanically separated pork (Mostly Shoulder), is chopped and
seasoned, formed into a rib mold, then flash-frozen.
The whole process from fresh pig to McRib takes about 45 minutes.
Added to the pork is salt, water, dextrose, BHA, BHT, Propyl
Gallate, and Citric Acid. The last FOUR ingredients are used to
keep oils from going rancid .
Including a sweet sauce, slivered onions, pickles, and a white bun,
it has 500 Calories, 26 grams of Fat, and 897 mg's of Sodium.
Bon Appetit!!!!

(Available at participating McDonalds from now until December 5th)

10 comments:

Christine said...

Are you sure it's made from fresh pig? I hear it's all pressed flavored tofu products, just saying. Never had one myself.

secret agent woman said...

Even before I was a vegetarian, I thought McRibs were disgusting.

Serena said...

No way I could look at the top picture and then eat that. Nope, not gonna happen.:)

Brian Miller said...

you just made my wife very happy...smiles.

lime said...

i can honestly say my appetite has NOT been piqued.

Jannie Funster said...

Sorry, my restaurant schedule is filled up until Dec. 6th. It's all Denny's and iHop until then.

xoox

Margaret said...

Yes, TMI .... If you hadn't shown that cute little face, I could have enjoyed this post.

Anonymous said...

I remember getting very excited upon reaching Australia and finding that McDonalds did a 'McOz' burger. Goodness - a quintessential Australian signature burger. I just had to try it.

Imagine my disappointment when I found that it was basically a Big Mac with added beetroot.....

Craig said...

Mmmmmmm. . . Propyl Gallate. . .

xl pharmacy said...

Little Piggy is the favorite cartoon of my sister, If she saw this post she will cry and cry !I am sure