Monday, July 26, 2010

R.I.P Richard............

.

.
.

Ask Mr. Knowitall is taking a week off, he will see you next Tuesday.
Remember on Sunday when I said that I felt like I'd been Gut-Shot?
Well After today, it felt like Both Barrels!
Here's the string of events...
A very good friend of mine is having some health issues, the attitude is good, but I know that they are very concerned. I'd like to be more help, but this person is very independant. Business lately has been a struggle as well. I've lived through this before. But still, the confidence takes a licking, and the bills still are ticking.
The worst of it all is...Last Thursday my beloved Sister-In-Law Vicky lost a courageous battle with lung cancer. She was a Peach of a Lady, totally loved and devoted to my Bro-In-Law Joe, and the funeral was Today! She lived right next door, and was very close to my children.
Then The Other Barrel....
Today Our lovely Mona,.
E-Mailed me with the terrible news that fellow Michigan Blogger BUFFALODICK aka. Uncle Buff, had passed away. I visited his web site, and sure enough there was the sad news of his death posted by his son. Buff was a wonderful Blogger Friend, very funny, witty...And was one of the Best Cooks you'll EVER come across. 99% of his posts were praising the glory of cooking. Buff believed in EXACTLY the same school of thought as me. If you can't paint, if you can't write poetry, you Can Show your love by making sure that your friends and family are sitting down to the best tasting, and best looking food available anywhere! He Loved competing in Food Cook-Offs, and did quite well. He was an avid U of M football fan like myself, and he absolutely set me straight on more than one occasion. He was opinionated, but a very gracious man...I Miss him already.
So there you have it....Not a good week!
But as The US Government said to the Cherokee Nation ...
Endeavor to Persevere!
Pax Vobiscum...!!!
.
(Ask Mr. Knowitall is my TMI Tuesday feature, G-Man is NOT taking a week off from Blogging. Be sure to join me this week for Retro-Wednesday, Thursday Portrait, Friday Flash 55)

28 comments:

Brian Miller said...

this one shok me g...jacked my whoe day up...i chatted with mona around mid day about it...this was my second blog friend in under a week...richard was a top notch guy...we had chatted (off blog) several times...he had told me about the book he hoped to write...thanks for this one g...i could not find the words today to express my own...

Me said...

oh my goodness, so sorry for your loss.
xo

lime said...

my friend, i am so sorry for this especially trying string of events. wish i had words that would make it all better. just know you're in my thoughts and heart. truest condolences on the loss your family has suffered with your SIL's death and to the friends and family of richard. may they each rest in peace.

Melanie said...

So sorry about your loss..hugs to you

Melanie

Serena said...

I was so sorry to hear the sad news about Buff. You're going through a rough patch right now, but the Cherokee were right -- we'll all persevere and things will get better. We hope.:)

RNSANE said...

Galen, I am very sorry to hear about the death of two people dear to you. I know your family will feel the loss of your sister-in-law and neighbor - and I know your brother will need much support.

I didn't follow Buffalodick but saw his comments often in various places. How sad. I remember when Renee died last year. It was like losing a friend as we had all followed her brave struggle with cancer.

Take care of yourself while you are taking care of others. Prayers and love, Carmen

moondustwriter said...

G- you are always the jocular, kind hearted wit. Let others come along side you right now and encourage you!!!
Thanks for letting us know of your grief - we all need to be real even in "blog-land."

This moon sheds a tear for those dear to you.

Donda said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. It certainly has been a tough week :(

Someone is Special said...

Oh .. What the hell.. I felt really bad for this..

Yours Frendly,
Saravana Kumar M

Felicitas said...

Death is part of the deal when we come here, but no matter what the circumstances, it's never easy for those of us left behind.

I'm sending you a BIGGGG hug, Galen.

Akelamalu said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL G-man - my condolences to your family.

It was a terrible shock yesterday when I clicked on Buff's blog from my reader to see a message from his son saying the dear man had passed away. It's just so sad. :(

JStar said...

Sorry for your loss!

Jessie said...

i hope when you return all will be much better.

enjoy your time off,

smiles,

g-man said...

Hi Everyboby...
Just My TMI post will have the week off, I'll still have my regular daily posts.
See You tomorrow...G

A Daft Scots Lass said...

sorry for your losses.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Hi G-daddy, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. One is bad enough without two. {{{Hugs}}}

Eaton. xxx

Shadow said...

you're in my thoughts. sending you love, hugs and strength!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, G.

Mona said...

(((HUGS))) galen. I am sorry to hear about your sister in law...

The news about Buf has been a terrible blow! I miss him so much already!

Take good care of yourself galen!

secret agent woman said...

That's hard to lose two people who mater to you so close together. I'm sorry.

Lulda Casadaga said...

Ah, what a damn shame. Sorry for your lose G...and so sorry to hear about Buff. He was also one of the first few who took time to read my blog. I feel bad that I haven't checked in with him of late. Well, he will not be forgotten that's for sure. :(

snowelf said...

Hi Galen,

Ooof, what a week. I am so sorry for all you've had to deal with. Goodness...

I got your chat, but I was at work, so I couldn't reply back right away.
I was also kind of in stunned sadness at the news. So strange to feel like you know someone so well yet you've never met them face to face. He was such a good hearted man and I know we will all miss him around here.

much love,
--snow

Susan at Stony River said...

What an awful week, Galen, and I'm sorry to hear about so much loss! I hope your friend stays on top of his health problems, and that business picks up again soon. RIP to Buff and Vicky; I'll have both families in my prayers along with my own -- things aren't so great here but I guess we're all in the same boat these days aren't we?

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

prayers 4 you and your family!

javajazz said...

hi G...
i'm so sorry to hear
of the loss of
your sister-in-law...
and uncle buff too,
jeez, what a shock...
hope you're doing okay,
you know you are loved
here in Blogland...
xoxo Lanalovesyou

Ms Hen's said...

((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry about your sister-in-law and your dear fellow blogger..

It is nice your brother-in-law lives right near you.. so he does have you.

I know about Business. I'm self-employed.. and I work more now and make less money.

But I'm keeping the FATE.. another Licking as you call it.. we'll see this one through..

more hugs to you dare G. Man.

I don't always leave comments.. because I have to rest my fingers from typing too many work reports.. but I love your blog.

Betty Ann

One Prayer Girl said...

I just read about your week and my heart hurts for you. Life can be a little too BIG sometimes. God bless.

PG

S said...

I am so sorry for your losses, Gman.
(hugs)