Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oven-Roasted Delight.....








Hi Everybody..
Yesterday I visited the Farmer's Mkt, it's kinda slim pickens this time of year except for baked items, meats, cheeses, spices, eggs, and root veggies.
Thats what I got, Beets and Parsnips.
I had an idea of what I was gonna make for Sunday Dinner today, and it was going to be A Peasant Dinner!
On the bottom of a pan I put celery stalks. I had some cheap rear shank steaks in my freezer, so I thawed them last night and laid them on the celery. I then put some onions, carrots, and the beets in with the beef. I added some garlic, covered the whole thing in foil, and baked it for 2 hours at 325. I then took the pan out of the oven, and added the parsnips to cook for another hour. I've found that it's easy to over-cook parsnips and they turn 'Mushy'. Mushy parsnips are OK if you are going to add them to a pot of mashed potatoes, but I'm NOT doing that here.
About the only root veggie I didn't add was spuds and turnips...Oh Well, another time, another dinner.
I'm so easy to predict aren't I?...hehehehe
Have a Productive and Prosperous Week!!!!
G-Man

15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hope you have a great week as well...glad you waited until right before i eat...that way this hunger wont last long...i am sure i have had a parsnip...but i dont remember.

secret agent woman said...

I made a dish last night with oven roasted beets, carrots, zucchini and onions - delicious.

Susan said...

Oh thank God. My diet is still safe. You said the magic words... beets. Thank you G-Man. I am safe for one more week :P

Thom said...

Mmmm Mmmm good. Have a great week :)

Serena said...

I've never eaten parsnips and don't like beets, but I have to admit it does sound good. I'm sure it was a complete feast with few leftovers.

Mama Zen said...

Yum!

Yvonne said...

Good for you! Buying local and supporting your farmer's market. Being a farmer, I salute you. And, yes, that's what we should be eating this time of year...root vegetables!

Mona said...

I have somehow lost complete interest in cooking, ever since S died...

I hate going to the kitchen these days

Akelamalu said...

I love all those vegetables so I'd have been happy! :)

Jessie said...

here's a glass of wine -- toasting you a happy week, i bet it would have gone perfect with that meal!

warm smiles,

Prayer Girl said...

Sounds wonderful. Peasant dinner? Sounds more like a meal fit for a king. "King Knowitall"?
:)

PG

Cat said...

Ya know I have never had ( or made beats or parsnips) what do the parsnips taste like?

This sounds so yummy and warm on a cold night!

lime said...

sounds yummy. i'm not sure i've ever had parsnips. one day i will have to try them.

Jannie Funster said...

Oh, my loving Jesus, that looks gooood!!

廖佳怡 said...

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 壯陽 早洩 陽萎