Sunday, October 11, 2009

Looooong Week-End.......






Hi Everybody....
I hope you are enjoying this Grand Week-End...
I took a few days off from work to visit some very dear friends, and I happen to be in the Great Commenwealth of Virginia!
In my past travels, I have probably been to Florida perhaps as many as 30 times. One of my 'Must Do' things when I visit is to patronize the ABC liquor store. They have a marvelous selection, and they are LOTS cheaper than Michigan. It's almost like going to the duty free. I was very pleased to learn that there are ABC's here.
If you remember my Retro Wednesday post of last week, I posted some info about Absinthe. Well guess what I came across yesterday? This is the legal version of Absinthe, distilled using real Wormwood, and produced since 2001. I have yet to see this up north, so I thought I'd give it a try.
The other thing I purchased was some Bourbon.
I LOVE a good sipping Bourbon, and this brand is HALF as much as Maker's Mark, or Basil Hayden, Or Knob Creek. My Bourbon's of choice!
I bet Michael Vick doesn't order this brand.....CHEERS!!

Remember...Always drink responibly, and NEVER drink till you puke!
Thats why any concerned folks out there never need worry about me becoming too enraptured with the evils of John Barleycorn. I HATE puke, and all talk of puke!!

Peace...!!!

18 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I'm going to surprise you by being a lady and leaving the Fighting Cock joke for the next commenter.

Dulçe ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dulçe ♥ said...

Soooorry!
I had to delete the previous one... so many spirits made me feel drunk!
I said I'm glad you are having such a superb endless week end!
Sweet hug from the Canaries{{{

lime said...

fun little extra treat. just drive safe when you come home.

Shadow said...

oh you lucky guy... i NEEEEED a long weekend. stay safe!

buffalodick said...

Just about everything is cheaper anywhere else than Michigan! Except foreclosed houses...

Akelamalu said...

Very sensible advice that G-man. I haven't puked for years! :)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO about Michael Vick...speaking of a puke!!! Great advice you give. On a sad note, and I'm right there with ya...poor Michigan...woe is me UH lost 42 to 17 to Fresno State. Not a good season this year :(

Brian Miller said...

hope you enjoyed the long weekend...not a big fan of puke either. lol.

Patrick said...

Not sure if you heard, but the plan is to sell the ABC stores and use the money for roads. I am all for it, personally...don't go in them anyway ;-)

Monkey Man said...

After Saturdy's debacle, I bet you were tempted to drink til you puked.

Serena said...

As you know, anything that doesn't make you puke is a good thing. That said, cheers!:)

listen for azure said...

So, ho do I find myself frequently in the possession of real, live legal Absinth? Also Chartreuse.

I'll never reveal my secrets. Or the names of friends in other countries who ship to Oregon on a regular basis....

tsduff said...

I like Absinthe - tastes nicely herbal. I only buy the little tiny bottles - they are green.

Stopped in to wave - it's been a while :)

Lynn said...

Virginia is a great state - my sis lives near Winchester - gorgeous.

We don't like Michael Vick much around here. :)

secret agent woman said...

For someone who doesn't like talk of puke, you are certainly talking a lot about it!

Tall Kay said...

The secret is to learn how to drink without puking...I spent 30 years perfecting my technique! Sadly, I used up all my drinking days...so I get smile with amusement at those still trying to imbibe without puking :o)

Lulda Casadaga said...

So you come to VA and don't even call? :P That's ok...I went camping anyway! :D Oh I might have to go do an ABC run and purchase a small bottle of AB....