Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yankee Ingenuity.....









Well....Are you sick of fireworks yet?
hehehehe..
What a GLORIOUS Fourth of July it was in Michigan..Picture Perfect!
And whats a Fourth without a Cook-Out?
Remember last week I told you about the Jalapeno Popper cooker that my friend Jim had? Those things were so darned good that I wanted one for myself. But sadly I discovered that they are only available On-Line. But something that you may or may not know about me, is that I am THE KING...of Jerry-Rigging.
I racked my brain all week to come up with a way to make these Poppers for dinner, and then it came to me...The Dollar Store! I bought 2 of those aluminum lasagna pans for a buck, flipped it upside down, made 12 or 15 holes, and popped the Poppers in the holes. I crimped a piece of foil on the bottom to keep the grease from the bacon from dripping onto the fire, then....VOILA!!!
This weeks Popper Stuffing was, Onion and Chive Cream Cheese, finely chopped smoked sausage, and grated Mozzarella. I used Maple Flavored bacon to wrap it with, and let me tell you that not one Popper was left!!!
Angus Certified Chuck burgers..Koegels Vienna Hot Dogs..And some fresh kielbasa from the Hungarian Church....
Oh, I made a spread of chopped garlic and butter, slathered that on the buns, and had grilled garlic butter buns for the Burgers and dogs...hehehehe
God I LOVE the Summer!!!!!!
Peace...!!!

26 comments:

Cindy said...

Holy Cow! I want to do one of those popper things.

secret agent woman said...

Happy 4th to you! (she says averting her eyes from all that meat)

paisley said...

i am definitely planning dinner at your house should i ever make it to michigan!!!!

Tall Kay said...

Holidays without family are tough. You are blessed to share so much good food with so many hungry mouths! I'm grateful the fireworks didn't phase Molly (my puppy). Looks like you had a lovely day!

Susan English Mason said...

I can smell those poppers from Arizona.

Akelamalu said...

Ingenious! And looking mighty tasty!

Mona said...

Galen is The Master of Barbecue and those poppers are masterpieces!

Lou said...

I hear your enthusiasm..but frankly I'm grossed out. Maybe that is why no one comes to my tofu and wheat germ holiday dinners?

listen for azure said...

Excellent - where do I get an invite for next year? I'll have to smoke some smelt first...

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh, I'm hungry... sooooo hungry....

Dr.John said...

Now I would never have thought of that so we had to settle for T-Bone and porterhouse steaks. All rubbed down with a garlic powder and real butter. They grilled up wonderfully.

Anonymous said...

Now this made me hungry. Very clever. Aloha

Maude Lynn said...

Brilliant, G-Man!

buffalodick said...

I have used a Michigan license plate for a vent cover on the smoke stack of my old smoker- I know about innovation! Don't even need a holder for the poppers... laid down on their side and turning them has worked for me! Try buying a new rib rack, cutting the ribs in half, and finding out they are too damn short to go in the rack... laid them down flat, and all was well!

Serena said...

Looks yummy! Kudos to your ingenuity.:)

clean and crazy said...

while i try to eat like lou with tofu, i still love me some BACON wraps!!!! yummy, wow i think i gained 5 pounds reading this entry, happy 4th to you too!!

lime said...

it's 11 pm and i am now starving....

tsduff said...

You knew I'd be by for a taste of the goodies :)

S said...

Oh man, I knew you were gonna have food today, I just knew it!

That looks so good and I love poppers.

Shadow said...

fab 4th of july by the sound of things...

the walking man said...

And for the 9th of July for SE MI

http://themanwhowalksalonewalks
faster.blogspot.com/

snowelf said...

You are the King, G-man! That's why I love ya! Those poppers sound delcious and I don't even like da spicy stuff. :P

--snow

jillie said...

Well that made my bowl of cereal pretty unappealing! That food looks wonderful. I can almost smell it.

Hope you had a great day, and from the looks of it, you did!

Wait. What? said...

Hope your weekend was wonderful! The food looks yummy!

Nessa said...

I love scallops wrapped in bacon and that pan is genius.

GAB said...

yeah no cookout here. Mr Gab took me to dinner......it was my birthday after all.