Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Back In The Saddle Again...







Hi Everybody...
I had a hankerin today for a charcoal grilled steak.
But as you may or may not remember, my myopic son Reese ran over my 30 year old Weber Kettle last Winter, and I had to bang it into grilling condition with a sledge hammer. It never did work right after that, and I made the decision to treat myself to a brand new grill!!
I decided to do some comparative shopping and visited Lowes, Home Depot, and finally ended up at Wal-Mart. They had this last 30 inch covered charcoal grill, WITH a hinged top, warming shelf, and an ash catch on the bottom, for 35 Bucks ALREADY ASSEMBLED!!!!
So after starting a fire with last years Father Day present, (A charcoal starter chimney), I cooked up some T-Bones, some boneless Chuck Eyes, and grilled some baby Summer Squash and fresh Asparagus...To Die For Boobulah!!!
Thanks for wading through this..:P
Peace...!!!

20 comments:

Serena said...

Oh, wow, that makes me so HUNGRY! It looks absolutely delicious, all of it. Grilling again -- aren't you glad it's Spring?:)

lime said...

i think you were more than due for a new grill. the veggies are what are looking especially yummy to me!

Cha Cha said...

Okay.

You must have wanted me drooling.

Cos I so am.

Congrats on the new grill action, G-Chef.

I wish I had a place to grill.

KB said...

Where's my invite?

Mona said...

so where do you keep that chimney?

the grill looks yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Just this weekend I was cleaniing off the deck and thinking that I was looking forward to grilling out again soon.

the walking man said...

Oh yeah...What KB said.

Shadow said...

and here i thought last year's fathers day present was that coffee table you hated, heee heee heee. here, of course, it's now 3.52 p.m. and i'm officially HUNGRY!!!!!

clean and crazy said...

when are you going to cook for me, yum!!

Lou said...

I had to put sunglasses on to look at that shiny, new grill!

S said...

Oh man, I am so hungry, got any leftovers?

Happy Monday, Gman!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that grill action!

Akelamalu said...

There'll be no stopping you now - roll on summer!

Dr.John said...

I can hardly wait for our grilling season to start.
I drooled all over my keyboard looking at your pictures.

Cazzie!!! said...

We absolutely love our Webber too, we use it every time we cook a roast meal, and I use it every time I cook the Christmas Chickens to take to my Aunt's. What a taste it gives to the meat..and what a lazy way to cook as all you do is put the meat in and let it do it's thing :)
I have also learnt to make deserts in it with the extra heat time pot cooking meats...brilliant :)

G-Man said...

Thanks everybody for visiting and commenting today. I was very busy, and didn't get a chance to visit all of you...Sorry.
I'll make it up....Galen

JihadGene said...

smokin'!

Anonymous said...

I'm droolin'!

Evalinn said...

Nice bbq! :-)

buffalodick said...

That was a steal/deal! I'm still loyal to Meco- but nobody has them anymore...