Sunday, August 31, 2008

See You In September......







Happy Holidays Everyone...!!!
Hats off to all of us that are still working or are retired from work!!
I hope you all are having a Great 3 or 4 day Week-End..
Saturday started off beautiful..Sunny and 89.
The 1st pic is the walk up to The Big House.
The next pic is my view of the field from my new seats after having sat in the same seats for 32 years on the other side..It is now 1 hour before game time!
The 3rd pic is the stadium at game time with 108,000 people in the stands.
After the National Anthem, four F-16 Fighters zoomed the stadium, each jet was piloted by U/M Grads..
That is all that I want to say about the game... Grrrrr!
Sunday was a much better day!
My daughter and her boyfriend stopped by for brunch, and in one of those rare times, all my family was at a table for a meal. I forgot to take a pic of Brunch cause I was too busy preparing home-made pecan waffles with 100% pure Canadian Maple Syrup, eggs over easy, toast, and bacon with fresh sliced tomatos for delicious BLT's..
For dinner, I didn't feel like standing over a hot grill, so I made a crab and shrimp boil!! Fresh mussels, shrimp, crab legs, smoked sausage, redskin potatos, beautiful corn on the cob, all boiled together with Zatarans Crab and Shrimp Boil. ( I like it better than Old Bays ).
And after dinner we had a bonfire in the back yard...
The end of Summer...
Reese starts college on Tuesday...
Where does the time go????
.
Peace...!!!

9 comments:

lime said...

YAHTZEE!

or

TOUCHDOWN!

lime said...

sorry the game didn't go so well. better luck next week. sounds like the meal was a lovely time though, good food and the whole family....sounds great. glad you had that chance to enjoy each other.

Serena said...

Sorry about the game. That seafood looks wonderful, though. And the family togetherness -- nothing like it. Happy Holiday, Galen-san.

buffalodick said...

I hope the new coach does something amazin'(Blue) shortly.. That was not pretty on alot of levels... One game doth not a season make... we ain't done yet!

Akelamalu said...

You had a great weekend! Shame about the game.

Middle Ditch said...

That food made my mouth water.

Yes, where does the time go?

barman said...

I wanted a win but didn't expect much. It will be a tough year but I get the feeling it is all for the best. Hey, maybe they can get the team in place for the magical game in November.

I only watched part of the game as I was busy cooking but I had the sat tv set up and people were watching. There were a few screams as something good happened. There were a few groans and one person said that is it, I am switching teams. He is very passionate about his football. Figures, he played football and is now asistant coaching it at the high school he teaches.

Just remember the horrible start last year and know that in the end it will be for the best. We are just recharging batteries now is all.

Nothing about tailgating? I am disappointed. Glad you had a wonderful day on Sunday.

javajazz said...

awww, Reece is going to college..
wow, it all goes so fast...
hope you're not too sad G-man...
and really nice you had
some special family time like that.
if my daddy cooked like
reece and amanda's daddy cooked,
i'd be visiting them
all the time.
if i lived near you
my arms wouldn't look like
string beans...

G-Man said...

Congrats Limey!!!
I know it's only a game...

Sherry...?
Are you my little Geisha Girl?
xoggxo

Buff...
I look for much better things ahead!

Ake..
Thanks for the condolences..:-)

Middle Ditch..
Thank You for visiting my humble blog...Galen

Barman...
Thanks for your kind words...
I'm over it!!!

Lisa Lisa..
And I'd cook Kosher too..:-)