Monday, November 27, 2006

HEY BOY, OPEN UP A LITTLE!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, reading several blogs today sure brought back past memories, dinners, gatherings and fiascos. I have to admit, that I am a bit apprehensive about this daily posting thing. Most blogs appear to be some sort of catharsis for the host. They talk about any and all subjects, and thats whats great about the web. I guess thats how I first became interested, I am a voyeur of sorts, and peering into someones private thoughts, real or imagined, was and is awesome. There are some extremely talented people that share their brain for those willing to read about it. The problem with me is that I am not one to talk about myself. I was always the listener, the Mother Hen, the designated driver, the voice of reason. People come to me with their problems, I listen, I counsel, but I rarely advise. I keep my mouth shut, and lips seeled. I know shit about people that I have no business knowing, but I do. Thats great, thats what I prefer. I'm fairly even keel, I try not to let the things that are out of my control bother me...But thats just me! Some people might call me insensitive, but trust me I'm not.

Neurosis or Nostalgia? Is there a difference? When I was in college, my Psych 101 Prof offered this abridged defination of neurosis.."the inability to forget".. My wife is always accusing me of living in the past. I still live in the same town I grew up in, I still have many friends from my H.S. I still go to H.S. football games, go to the same pizzeria, still smoke weed. I'm quite a packrat, I have toys, baseball cards, report cards, football cards, H.S. senior pictures, old yearbooks...............But everything that i've kept still works or has value. My college days were even better because I was of drinking age, and getting laid to boot. Now if I was pumping gas at the same station on the corner, or living in my mom's basement, THEN I would be living in the past, but I call it nostalgic.....Now men, have you ever been in a knockdown drag-out pissing match with your old lady, and in the middle of the screamfest she pulls shit out of her ass that happened in 1984? Women, have you done that to your man? No?....Liar! I call THAT neurosis!

Anyway, thats all I have to say for now. I'm quite boring but very honest. I love to laugh, and I will do anything for a laugh....and have. Thanks for listening, and if anyone has the notion, I'll return the favor...Galen

7 comments:

lime said...

i make a conscious effort NOT to haul out shit from the past because i think it's a low blow. deal with it and move on. i leave the serious neurosis to the mother-in-law who will bring up every offense in a chronological order and cross reference during arguments. lord have mercy....

Cha Cha said...

Hmmm...

I like this post.

It has really made me think.

About a lot of different things.

Reading about your life has helped to put some perspective upon my own.

Thank you, Galen!

G-Man said...

Lime, you are such a nice lady, AND an International gourmand. Who would ever argue with you about anything?

Chandra, You are my blogging Idol! I don't have half the balls you do about posting crap about life..

Thank you both....

SignGurl said...

I like this post. It's honest. We could all learn a thing or two if we stopped talking and just listened.

Manny said...

Great post g-man.

Good for you saving all your stuff. I let most of mine go and still miss it to this day.

Women don't really do that do they?

Keep the post's coming. I like them.

GAB said...

Oh so you were listening at the door? Funny when we have fights I can remember stuff from when we were dating that he did wrong but did I write that bill out yesterday like he said? Um nope! lol

Cha Cha said...

My blog is the ONLY place I have those sorts of balls, Galen.

If I didn't have my blog, I would truly go insane. I have to get all the crazy shit out of my head somewhere!

Thanks bunches for the kind words, though, Galen. You rock.

I think YOUR blog is coming along VERY nicely itself.