Thursday, November 20, 2014



Well Well Well.....Look what the cat drug in....G-Man!!!!!!
You know for 6 glorious years, Thursday nights was the highlight of my blogging week.
At 8:00 PM EST or EDST, I posted my weekly Flash Fiction Friday 55, and invited
any interested party from Blogdom to join the fun. I have met some very talented and
wonderful folks along the way, and I was honored to host the bevy of talent that participated.
These past few months starting in April with my daughter and son-in-law visiting from Poland
where they now reside, I knew that I couldn't devote the time and energy in the upcoming
months to do the Meme justice. So sadly I passed the torch on....
But I will say that I used my extra time to work hard, relax, and do a tremendous amount
of fishing. car sales has been awesome, and I have a freezer full of fish!!! I miss blogging
and maybe this Winter I'll be around a bit more.
One of the very talented people that I've met and you all know is Laura Hegfield from..
Shine the Light Divine. Every year about this time Laura puts together a Gratitude Quilt.
It's offerings from fellow bloggers about what they are really really thankful for at the moment.
With Thanksgiving in a week, she makes you stop and think about what this very
American Holiday is all about. It's not about Black Friday sales, or kicking off the Christmas
shopping frenzy, it's about Family, Friends, and the Joy of Living.
Please visit Laura at...www.shinethelightdivine.com/
Contribute to her quilt please, it doesn't have to be artsy, just honest and heartfelt....Thanks

11 comments:

Mary said...

Great to see you, Galen! You look rested and happy. Glad you caught a ton of fish to last through the long Michigan winter ahead. I do miss your Flash Fiction Friday 55....it was a highlight of my week. If you decide to resume it, I'll be around. Smiles. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Gabriella said...

Hi, Galen. Very nice to hear from you and read you used your time well. Looking forward to reading more from you. I second Mary on the 55.

Laura said...

Thanks so much Galen for your very kind words and invitation to others to join the Quilt. I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with your family and an enjoyable summer/autumn… funny I wrote a 55 the other day and was thinking of you my friend. I third Mary and Gagriella's comments. Here's a link for old time's sake: http://www.shinethedivinecreativityisaspiritualpractice.com/2014/11/i-heart-macro-79-and-hakarat-hatov-16.html

Fireblossom said...

Gee, man. ;-)

Cloudia said...

Look who showed up! <3





ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

Myrna R. said...

So glad you've been enjoying life. Nice of you to write about Laura. Her quilt is something very special. I didn't write the 55 with regulaity, but enjoyed it so much when I did. Hope you do get to blog more often. Your posts always project such good humor.
Take care.

Margaret said...

Are you buried under all the snow? My friends up North are threatening to defined me if I post any more fall-like photos. Either that or they are coming to visit and will stay a very long time :) ha.

I'm so glad you have a freezer full of fish and enjoyed your time off. I too miss the original community of the 55 but I am glad we have a remnant of it over at "The Garden". Hope you are well and enjoy a fabulous Thanksgiving!

TALON said...

I love Laura's quilt and the moment it takes to sit and reflect on what we are truly grateful for...like fabulous friends like you, Galen. :)

I'm glad you've had some time to do other things beyond 55's. They're fun, of course, (you are the host with the most and irreplaceable), but life is rich outside computer-land (plus, when you come back just think of all the inspiration you'll have for future 55's).

Wishing you and your family a joy-filled and beautiful Thanksgiving.

the walking man said...

Galen--going rogue? Cut your hair and put on a tie.

lime said...

you've been missed but it's good to see your mug around the blogosphere again. glad all is well in your corner of the world.

URGENT LOAN said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.