Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thursday Portrait.....






Today's portrait isn't of me, but it DOES include
a Michigan Man. For those that may not already know,
in last nights Sugar Bowl, Michigan defeated mighty
Virginia Tech 23-20 in Overtime. The MVP of the game
was Michigan star receiver Junior Hemingway. His TWO
acrobatic touchdown receptions were vital to Michigans
victory. I know that Junior's great grand'pappy' would
have been very proud!
As a child growing up priviledged, Ernest's parents had
a Summer home on Michigan's Walloon Lake near Petosky.
It's in this pristine Outdoorama where 'Pappy' developed
his love for hunting and fishing. It's also where he must have
'dilly-dallied' with the locals, spreading his progeny all
over the place....Hence Junior Hemingway!!
I can see the resemblence, can't you?
As for you other famous writers...Thursday 8:00 PM EST!!!!!!

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

they certainly have similar haircuts...smiles...congrats on the game man...my fam is all hokie fans...(i am not) so i gave them a little ribbing for you...

Brian Miller said...

touchdown!

Me said...

Not being much of a football fan, I will have to admit that I miss seeing your smiling face today. But I'm sure Junior is a lovely fellow. :)

Margaret said...

I have sat on the stool at City Park Grill in Petoskey where he used to drink (every place in Harbor Springs, Petoskey, and I believe his summer home... Horton Bay claim this to be so! (ha) ... Windmere cottage I think it is called and I think the family still owns it (thats what I heard from the locals. There is a general store that he hung out at and it is still there in Horton Bay (that's pretty much THE town - you drive through it and you have NO idea it is a "town". The CRAZIEST, zanniest, "funnest" 4th of July parades happen there...

I kayaked on Walloon (well, I relaxed mostly, my husband paddled mostly) and it is a fantastical place. I miss it ...

Cloudia said...

end zone dance!



Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

izzy said...

He has the Jowls!

hedgewitch said...

I never knew Hemingway played golf. Thanks for filling in my literary history gaps. They don't call you Mr Know it All for nothing I see.

I'll be back later for the 55 kickoff.

Maude Lynn said...

Congrats on the win, G-Man!

Evalinn said...

Nice! ;-)

BragonDorn said...

Cloudia lol :)