Sunday, July 17, 2011

Musical Monday....



Hi Everybody...
I thought I'd bring back Musical Monday for the next
few weeks, but instead of posting Youtube vids that no
one takes the time to listen to. How about a bit of Music Trivia?
.
.
*The first ever musical audio recording was in 1877
By the Rock Star Thomas Alva Edison...
Mary Had A Little Lamb.
.
*Early phonograph recordings were played at 78 rpm's
because the first record players had to be hand cranked
and 78 rpm's closely resembled the human heart beat
per minute!
.
*Early records were made from Bakelite, then plastic
then vinyl.
.
*The cassette tape was introduced in 1963
.
*The Compact Disk became available in 1983..
Five years later CD's OUTSOLD vinyl records.
.
*The last 8-Track tape released by a major label
was Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hit's in 1988!
.
*The portable MP3 player was introduced in 1997.
.
*Some people have been known to pick up radio
broadcasts through the fillings in their teeth!
.
*Some people are sick and tired of being sick,
and are going to bed...Peace!!!

18 comments:

Margaret said...

YAHTZEE!

Wow. I remember when I first heard about CD's. I thought the college student who opened a CD store in our town (no records, no tapes) was CRAZY....

He laughed all the way to the bank, I'm sure.

secret agent woman said...

You're right - I virtually never listen to YouTube clips.

I remembr getting a Sony cassette tape player (it came out after the Walkman) an d going for runs carrying it. It was huge compared to MP3 players!

secret agent woman said...

It was overcast and cool that day, but I had a swim suit on under the shirt and shorts.

Brian Miller said...

hey i saw that giligans island where giligan caught radio broadcast through his fillings so its got to be true...fun trivia g

Yvonne Osborne said...

Hi.

I love the idea of Musicial Monday minus the video. I remember a K-car we bought with a cassette player we were so proud of, but it was quickly upstaged by cd players. But the lemon-of-an-engine caught fire outside a church with us in our wedding clothes so we weren't sad to see the last of that one.

Stranger said...

My impala had an 8 track.
My husband's 2-XL robot (toy from the 80s) still plays 8-tracks -(we have a village people cassette he plays to prove it).
I was too poor for CDs until the mid-90s when I had a job telemarketing.
Great trivia!
Sad to read that you're still sick. Get well soon, G-man.

Mona said...

great development, with not so great end!

I would like to play Happy Birthday or my son today!

Akelamalu said...

Thanks for the trivia information G. :)

MorningAJ said...

You know your problem? You have too much trivia in your head. Your brain is overheating. PLEASE get well soon!

moondustwriter said...

Glad you brought Musical Monday back G
I'm kind of a throw back never got into TV - my life has always been art and music
Please get well - don't want to see you going to the dogs - any longer

Happy Monday

And Happy Birthday to Monas son

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love your spin on this.

Mama Zen said...

Oh my God! Look at that 8 track player!

Feel better, G-Man!

Evalinn said...

I was wondering how the little china figure fit into Musical Monday, now I know! :-)

My husband is the only person alive still listening to cassette tapes when he´s out running! :-D

Eric 'Bubba' Alder said...

The first video played on MTV was "Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles. (How trivial is THAT? LOL!)

Evelyn said...

funsies...

hope said...

Cool facts! I still have one of Dad's early records...but since you could kill a James Bond bad guy if you used it like a frisbee, I'm guessing it pre-dated vinyl.

Feel better!

lime said...

i would not have guessed they still made 8 tracks in 1988. not at all.

Me said...

What? You mean people don't watch youtube videos in blog posts?!?

hahahaha...