Sunday, September 6, 2009

Post Game Bliss.......







To me, Michigan's home opener in Ann Arbor is like Christmas, New Years Eve, and my Birthday all rolled into one. I've attented maybe 35 or 36 home openers in my blessed life, but the last 2 have been very disappointing to say the least.
Yesterday was a GLORIOUS day, Sunny, Low Humidity, Smooth traffic flow....
My friend Alex went with me, and we most always get to our seats about an hour and a half early to bask in the history and memories of what is The Big House!!
Three of us...Me, My friend Dave, and my friend Phil, have had seats together since our Junior year in college. My friend Phil is an Attorney in East Lansing Michigan, the home of Michigan State, which is one of U/M's arch rivals. Like myself, Phil had a daughter graduate from Michigan. While she was a student there, she married a young man who played football for the Wolverines by the name of Josh Williams. Josh played on Michigan's 1997 National Championship team, and he also played for The Indianapolis Colts for 6 seasons until an injury cut his career short. He attended this game with Phil, and he also met up with another former Wolverine Tate Chanski.
Tate is the lad giving the thumbs up, and Josh is the Goliath next to him.
You may not be able to see the score in the shadows of the stadium, but it read...
Michigan 31..Western Michigan 7
A Glorious Day indeed!!!!
Peace...!!!

22 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Ah a day at the game with friends - what could be better? :)

Anonymous said...

WOOT...Congrats on the win. Thanks for sharing this information. I'm so glad football is back :) Here in Honolulu we don't go to the games, but subscribe to them on the cable and have parties. Our home opener, and get this against Central Arkansas was almost a bust for us. I couldn't believe it. But the party and friends, like your's makes the game. And you being there makes it that much more special and not watching it on TV. But football is football however you enjoy it. Have a good one my friend :) Aloha

Tall Kay said...

Your description and pictures make me feel like I was there too! Didn't we have a great time?

listen for azure said...

I love autumn for the falling leaves,the crisp mornings to stomp through - and most of all FOOTBALL!!!! What a great time! Do you tailgate???

Monkey Man said...

Love having footbal season back. I hope Rich Rodrigez gets his act together this year after the controversial start. Out west I'm an OSU Beaver fan basking in the glory of a series of winning seasons and a soft spoken coach who has a solid reputation. Go Beavs and Go Blue.

Evalinn said...

Seems like you had a great day! :-)

Anonymous :) said...

Good friends with memories of glorious days. It doesn't get much better than that. What a healthy way to live.

Unknown said...

Yeah, awesome win!

There's nothing like a home opener.

I'm a huge Giants fan -- gotta check out that new movie "Big Fan"
Heard it was a cool dark comedy.

Sue

secret agent woman said...

Glad this year was a better one!

buffalodick said...

I have to take a look at this year's schedule...Go Blue!

Mona said...

Yaaay! You & Alex look great!

Cazzie!!! said...

What fun! you guys look gorgeous..and happy as it oughta be :)

S said...

simple pleasures, g man!

Maude Lynn said...

Don't rub it in, G-Man! My team lost by 1, and the quarterback is injured and out for at least two weeks.

Serena said...

Congratulations on a big win on a perfectly gorgeous day. Everybody looks so delighted -- and deservedly so!;)

Shadow said...

that's a perfect day... a game, your friends, sunshine, a win...

Lou said...

A perfect day, indeed!

the walking man said...

It'd be a pretty lame day when M couldn't have their way with Western.

One Prayer Girl said...

Oh yes, I do love football when my team WINS!

Happy Days!

PG

lime said...

woohoo! sounds like is was as terrific an opening day as it possibly could be.

Lynn said...

Ah - a great day indeed when your team wins! It looked like a glorious day! It was not a glorious day for the University of Georgia. Oh well...

JihadGene said...

Sounds like a wonderful tradition!