Monday, April 13, 2009

Bacon Explosion.......






Hi Everybody, I hope you all had a Safe Holiday.
So, are you ready for the Bacon Explosion?

1. With 10 thick sliced pieces of bacon..make a 'weave'.

2. On top of the bacon press about 2 pounds of sausage
evenly. This can be hot or sweet Italian, or any kind of
sausage that you prefer. Then on top of that, sprinkle about
a half pound crispy crumbled bacon. Then drizzle any BB-Q
sauce that you prefer over that.

3. I'm actually missing a pic. You first roll the sausage up
on top of the bacon. When you get to the edge of the bacon,
reach down under the edge and roll the whole thing back, covering
the sausage roll with the weave.

4. Cook over indirect heat on your grill for about an hour and a half.
(I cooked this in the oven..hehehe) Slather generously with your
favorite sauce...VOILA!!!!
It looks good sitting next to that Apricot Basted Ham eh?

Have a Great Week....

Peace...!!!

14 comments:

Shadow said...

that looks superb! have i told you my kitchen has an open door???

Akelamalu said...

Well that sounds different and delicious!

Akelamalu said...

Well that sounds different and delicious!

lime said...

i'll take the ham but i think i will pass on the heart attack on a plate next to it, thanks

Lulda Casadaga said...

ummm...pork my favorite. :)
Might have to give this a try and surprise my hubby.

buffalodick said...

I've been out-baconed! Looked good!

clean and crazy said...

can anyone spell relief? I think I need an cardiogram just looking at that beast!!
The tasty ones are always the naughtiest!!

dons_mind said...

there's a local restaurant down here whose specialty is deep fried bacon! they do it like chicken fried steak - roll the bacon in the coating and deep fry it! we got a small order (6 pieces) just to try it...it comes with a white gravy like c.f.steak...wasn't bad, but we couldn't eat the six pieces.......

your bacon surprise looks really good! especially with the italian sweet sausage in the middle...shew...good stuff!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Just hopped over from MZ's. I'm still living on peeps, and I'm literally hit by the "Bacon Explosion...." Hysterical! But not to my stomach which right now is still trying to digest the Easter cuisine from assorted family members! :))

Mona said...

did that thing really explode?

G-Man said...

Shadow...?
Don't you have a cooking blog?
Ake..Thanks
Ake..Thanks
Limey...It was great!
Lulda...Don't forget the Nitro Tablets..:-)
Buff...You are the King of Cuisine round these parts son!
Hi Sue...Naughty=Fun..hahahaha
Thanks Don....G
Petra, welcome back, I got some extra Pepto...:P
Mona...Yes! It was a Gut Bomb!

Serena said...

I love ham, but I'd have to give that exploding bacon thing a pass.:-)

javajazz said...

i'm down
for the exploding bacon
trick.
oops, got my
porcine comments
mixed in with
bobby darin
down below...
happy post easter.
hope you have
plenty of
digestive enzymes....
i could totally dig that meal.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygod it's a compact little heart attack - it looks awesome! ;-)