Sunday, July 27, 2008

Me and Him and This Other Fool..........




My old friend and fraternity brother Brian, owns a little Ma and Pa store not far from me.
He has a small but popular meat counter where he cuts his own steaks, and grinds his own Burger and Sausage. He also makes his own fresh Bratwurst and Kielbasa from pure pork shoulder. Every Saturday or Sunday I'll pay Brian a visit, we have a small little circle of friends that drink coffee, bull-shit, and solve the problems of the world. This morning one of his patrons brought him a little something from the great state of Kentucky.
I'm not saying exactly what it is, but I'll tell you this much about it.....
It's the smooooothest stuff of that nature, that I've ever had.
It's about 190 proof.
It was Kick-Ass!
I had to wait a couple of hours to drive home after 3 teeny tiny sips.
It very appropriately came in a Mason Jar...hehehe
Remember that great old tune by Roger Miller? Well, this was NOT grape wine, and there certainly was no chug-a-lugging, but ooooh my ears are still ringing!!!!!
.
Peace...!!!

16 comments:

Pam said...

some good old fashioned kentucky moonshine, eh? yeah, i'm sure that stuff was kick-ass or more like kicked YOUR ass LOL

Greg said...

Looks like your friend has some nice sausage! ;)

Cazzie!!! said...

Yummm, I am sooo hungry now seeing that!!

Queenie said...

Hic,hic, gosh the fumes from this post are so intoxicating!!!

Mona said...

Is there something called 'Pure''Impure pork' too? :D

In India, One has to make mince and all at home. No ready made stuff like you get!

that coffee cup look divine!

Ps> why is your title in quotation marks?

It is significant though... the world is full of them....

Serena said...

Raw sausage is just ucky any way you look at it. It's amazing what a few minutes on a grill will do for the looks of Brats.

Galen had some white lightning.:)

SignGurl said...

I told you to stop showing me your sausage!!!

lime said...

that there's some powerful stuff!

Missy said...

You know it has to be good if it works well for cars and human consumption.

The last time I had a bit of moonshine I never thought I'd catch my breath every again lol.

Have a great day.

GAB said...

Must be alot like everclear!

KJ said...

AH........good things do come from the state of Kentucky

buffalodick said...

Shine? You got 'shine? Lucky guy! I liked the look of that meat case though...

barman said...

I have partaken in a lot of things but I must say I have not done so of this little something you elude to. Mind you I have come across a still once in the back woods but I beet feet to get out of there as fast as I could. Sounds like a wonderful little tradition.

I know I would not be chug-a-lugging. I had 151 rum before ONCE. Never again. It kicked my a$$. I can not even imagine this little something you mention.

G-Man said...

Thanks everybody for visiting the G-Man, I'm kinda excited about this comming week...Details in the morning...xox

KB said...

I want!!!

Mona said...

read your nice little tale at Missy's blog! :)